A leading Construction and Civil Engineering main contractor is actively seeking a Site Engineer for a 3-4 month contract position on a project in Peterborough.
- The client is a leading UK business operating primarily within construction and infrastructure schemes;
- With a responsible sustainability strategy, they invest significant time and effort to ensure safe working environments with minimal environmental impact;
- Projects range from Rail, Car parks, Bridges, Roads and Hydroschemes to name a few, ranging up to £5m;
- Due to on-going and future pending contracts, this is an excellent opportunity to work with one of the UK's largest contractors and get exposure to interesting and prestigious projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- The successful Site Engineer will be project based in Peterborough specifically on a tunnelling project;
- Set out, level and survey the site using GPS,
- Check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations,
- Oversee quality control and health and safety matters on site,
- Support Site Agent, and any other site engineering duties as required.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- The ideal candidate will be degree-qualified, with at least an HNC in civil engineering;
- Experience in tunnelling is extremely desirable, although any civil engineering background will be considered;
- At least 3+ years’ post-graduate experience in site engineering.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive rate and work during these difficult times as this project is deemed as essential works.
What you need to do next:
Please hit the APPLY NOW button to send your CV to Ronan Neill at James Gray Recruitment. To hear more about this or other opportunities we are recruiting for, please contact Ronan at 0141 327 0185 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.